Tuesday 21 June 2011

When is enough, enough?

I can't think of another team that has been dragged through the mud as much as Auburn has since November 2010. Has our success bothered some people? Has it bothered those that said "Auburn will never win a championship"?

Look, I know Auburn isn't the only school that has been investigated in the last six months. USC got hammered, Ohio State may be about to as well, UNC had a few players banned last season, and has apparently recieved a new notice of allegations. Am I missing anyone else?

Auburn has been subject of some major allegations since November. I'm not gonna go into it because I know your all bored of these stories, but why is Auburn's name being dragged through the mud? Auburn has outperformed everyone's expectations ever since Chizik arrived, having two straight winning records + a national championship is more than any fan could ask for, but what is it? is it hate? Do these mediots have a problem with Auburn's success? I don't get it, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Auburn's name has been subject of much slander over the last few months. Thayer Evans has ran around trying to find dirt but so far has come up dry, HBO couldn't find dirt on Cam so they interviewed four former players detailing more allegations. Just like the players, it seems like that story has already been forgotten. Joe Schad is Joe Schad. Another independent blogger @SPORTSbyBROOKS (Brooks Melchior) released a story (I'm not going to link his site) detailing actual names of Tigerettes, and worse enough some Bama fans have apparently tracked down phone numbers of these girls, and have harassed them repeatedly.

What gives? What's your problem folks? Did Cam Newton make you cry? (I'm looking at your Brooks).

Where do you think all this bad press came from? It all started as soon as Auburn saw success on the field again, does that have something to do with it? its pretty obvious it irks a lot of people. It's pretty obvious how much all this bad press is hurting the school (sarcasm). Auburn is recruiting at such a high level, and are always in play for some of the countries best prospects. That won't change.

Will Auburn make legal moves after all this slander? I doubt it, I think Auburn will just pay them back on the field. Like a champion should.

I'm sure you have all heard stories from rival fans giving you details on when "The Barn will burn". So far all of that was BS too. All of this has earned Auburn a dirty reputation right now, and some people can't seem to let it go. I for one, couldn't care less about what other fans think about Auburn, I've absorbed all this hate, but when will enough be enough? There has to be a line somewhere, right?

One more question.

You mad?